Somatics into Contact Improvisation
A two day workshop focusing on somatic explorations of developmental movement, and how it can enhance and develop our experience and ability in contact improvisation
Saturday - Somatic Day
The first day will focus on deeper understanding of the movement patterns of the body, looking at the formation and functional beginnings of different body systems. We will use embodied anatomy, bodywork, visualisation, breath, witnessing and somatisation to learn about the body in through lived experience.
- Understand your own anatomy through experience
- Feel more connected to the inner landscape and your personal evolution
- Dive deep into an appreciation and awareness of you body
- Find grater possibility and range of motion in your movement
- Feel support from the earth as we take a journey through developmental movement patterns.
Sunday - Contact Improvisation Day
Day two will be much more focused on the dance, drawing on the discoveries from our somatic experience we can take what we discover in to specific contact improvisation skills and into dancing. Finding support from within, discovering ease and supportive softness allowing us to manage weight more efficiently, both our own and others.
- Learn how to move more organically
- Let yourself responding to the present moment
- Find way to effectively manage weigh. ( yours and others )
- Connect with the earth. Make friends with the floor
- Find a deeper connection to yourself through dancing in contact.